Galatians 5:22-23, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
Galatians 5:16, “So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.”
How do we live in sync with the Holy Spirit of God? Don’t worry, it’s not complicated. It starts with reading the Bible and praying. As you read the Truth found in the Bible and begin to talk to God about it, you will learn to respond to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. You will also begin to see evidence in your life called the fruit of the Spirit. This fruit, the true "juicy fruit," will begin to show up in your life:
- Self-giving love for all
- Big picture joy that sees God in all situations
- Calming peace in the midst of stress
- Unyielding patience when all seems lost
- Acts of kindness routinely done throughout the day
- Unfailing goodness revealing unchanging integrity
- Daily faithfulness by trusting God always in each and every situation
- Endearing gentleness through a heart of humility
- Active self-control in the midst of temptation
Do you see this fruit in your life? A life routinely displaying this fruit - regardless of the circumstances - is a life that is walking in sync with the Holy Spirit.
Write down the fruit of the Spirit in the notes section of your phone. Save it as your phone wallpaper to remind yourself of what it looks like when you're walking with the Spirit.
God, keep the fruit of Your Spirit fresh in my mind and overflowing in my actions. Help me to be aware of opportunities to live them out wherever I go today. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen!