Acts 16:29-33, "The jailer called for lights and ran to the dungeon and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and asked, 'Sirs, what must I do to be saved?' They replied, 'Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.' And they shared the word of the Lord with him and with all who lived in his household. Even at that hour of the night, the jailer cared for them and washed their wounds. Then he and everyone in his household were immediately baptized."
Have you ever given up on something because it was too complex? When things get too hard, we make excuses not to do them.
Some people think a relationship with Jesus is complex. If we're convinced a relationship with Jesus is complex, then we have an excuse to avoid it. The truth is a relationship with Jesus is simple. It's not always easy, but it's always simple. Here's how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus:
- Start the relationship by believing what the Bible says about Jesus: He loved you enough to die on the cross for you.
- Go public with that relationship by getting baptized.
- Grow your relationship with Jesus by applying the Bible to your daily decisions.
Have you made a relationship with Jesus too complex? Make today the day you exchange the lie of complexity for the simple truth about a relationship with Jesus.
What part of your relationship with Jesus needs work?
- Is today the day you start the relationship by telling Jesus you believe?
- Do you need to click the "Contact" button below and sign up to get baptized?
- Is there a specific area of your life where you need to apply the Bible?
Don't put it off. Act today!
God, help me not make any more excuses and begin living out the things You have commanded. Thank You for giving me a path to experience a life of purpose through a relationship with Jesus. Amen!